Terms & conditions
The following services are included in our rates:
- Saratz aperitif on arrival
- All drinks in the minibar, which is refilled daily
- Selected coffee and tea assortment in your room
- Balanced, lavish Engadin breakfast buffet with Saratz specialities
- Fresh spring water from Piz Languard with all meals
- Cake and tea buffet every Saturday
- In the hotel room: “lifestyle shower WC”, direct-dial telephone with own ISDN outside line, modem and fax connections, cable TV/radio, safe, W-LAN in all rooms & public rooms
- 35,000 m2 private park on the Falz, Europe’s shortest river, which flows into the River Inn at Samedan
- Art in the Park – art works by international and Swiss artists in the hotel park and hotel during summer months
- Sun terrace with views of the Roseg Glacier, loungers with blankets in the Richard Strauss pavilion
- International musicians on Switzerland’s smallest stage in the Pitschna Scena
- Changing exhibitions of works by various Swiss and international artists in Hotel Saratz
- Salon Rouge: chess, backgammon and other board games, daily newspapers, magazines
- Hotel shuttle within Pontresina
Wellness and fitness
- Indoor pool (30°C), 10x20m outdoor pool in summer (27°C), in the park with views of Val Roseg, 2 Finnish saunas, 2 steam baths, fitness room with views of Val Roseg and state-of-the-art Johnson fitness apparatus
- Hamam-Sarazenen Spa with rhassoul (extra charge), quiet room with fruit, special Saratz tea and aromatically-flavoured spring water, 4 lifestyle showers, ice fountain
- 4 therapy and cosmetic rooms with exclusive products by Babor (extra charge)
- BMW James Bond Cruiser (charge for insurance only) in summer and autumn
- Mountain bikes in summer and autumn
- Upper Engadin mountain transport tickets in summer from stay of two nights (until end of October)
- Tennis in the park, rackets and balls provided
- 20% green fee reductions at all Upper Engadin golf courses
- Pitching, putting green and tee-off grounds with net in the park, clubs and balls provided
- Table tennis in the park with bats and balls provided
- Chess in the park
- 2 ski-storage rooms (Alpine and Nordic) with ski-boot warmers
- Newly designed Children’s Paradise (from 2007) as per the ideas of Swiss Radio (DRS3) presenter Sandra Schiess, for children from age 3. Trained child carers and daily changing activities. Supervised midday and evening meals at extra cost.
- From summer 2008: Teenie Corner for youngsters from age 9
- Cots and baby phones
- Trampoline and tepee tent in the park
- Children’s play tower in the park
- Sand pit in the park
- We naturally also offer half board. We serve a 4-course à-la-carte menu and you have the choice of dining in our Saratz Art Nouveau Restaurant, in La Cuort or the Pitschna Scena. Price person CHF 68.–
- Massages can be booked and enjoyed daily in our wellness zone
- We levy a charge of CHF 30.– per night for well-behaved dogs, CHF 40.- per night during the winter high season (without food).
All prices are in Swiss francs (CHF) and include services and VAT, local guest taxes are excluded. Room rates include the use of facilities during the official operating times (sauna, indoor pool, steam bath, in summer golf practice, tennis court and outdoor pool).
Expressly subject to price adjustment should VAT rates be amended.
The Saratz Bonus
From your 5th stay onwards, you are our "Stammgast". We grant you
a reduction of 20%, based on the bed and breakfast rate.
We offer guests a reduction of 10% (on basic room/breakfast price) for stays from 10 consecutive nights.
We offer guests a reduction of 10% (on basic room/breakfast price) if three generations of the same family stay at the hotel together for a minimum period of 7 consecutive nights.
Our bonus programme is based on the room price with breakfast. All-inclusive arrangements are excluded. The bonus programme may not be accumulated.
07th June - 30th November 2013
01st - 21st December 2013
04th January - 01st February 2014
09th - 30th March 2014
Subject to Art. 160 of the Swiss Code of Obligations, contractual penalties.
- Cancellations made up to 15 days before arrival date: no charge.
- Cancellations made 14 to 6 days before arrival date: charge of one night per room
- Cancellations made from 5 days before arrival date will be treated as no shows and the actual number of reserved days, max. 3 days per room, will be invoiced (100% basis: room / breakfast and additional beds).
- Early departure and/or late arrival will be treated as no shows and invoiced unless the change of reservation is notified in writing 15 days in advance.
- Cancellations and or reservation changes must be made in writing.
The place of jurisdiction is Pontresina and Swiss law is applicable.
- Please find the cancellations policies for Christmas- and
New-Years-Reservations in your confirmation.
- Please find the terms and conditions for group reservations here.
We’ll be pleased to send you information on the ELVIA cancellation insurance. Please note that in order for the insurance to become effective it must be taken out within 8 days of issue of the booking confirmation.
Occupation and vacation of hotel rooms
Without any other written agreement:
- on arrival day your room will be ready for occupation from 15.00 h, possibly earlier
- on departure day your room must be vacated by 11.00 h
- rooms will be allocated as available within the confirmed category
Parking spaces in our new underground garage or in front of the hotel are available from CHF 17.– per day (to 11.00 h on departure day). We are pleased to accept advance reservations. We will gladly pick you up from Pontresina railway station free of charge.
Reservations can be confirmed by e-mail or telephone with the provision of credit card details. Acceptance by e-mail is subject to the conditions listed here.
For Group-Reservations, we will charge 50% of room and tax as a Deposit for the guarantee. This Deposit has to be payed 6 weeks prior arrival.
In addition to cash, we also accept payment by EC-Direct and Postcard, Travellers Checks and VISA, AMERICAN EXPRESS, EUROCARD and DINERS credit cards.
Subject to change.