Terms & conditions
The following services are included in our rates:
- Saratz aperitif on arrival
- Swiss cult drinks in the minibar, which is refilled daily
- Selected coffee and tea assortment in your room
- Balanced, lavish Engadin breakfast buffet with Saratz specialities
- Fresh spring water from Piz Languard with all meals and in the room
- Cake buffet every Saturday afternoon from 4 pm until 5 pm
- In the hotel room: “lifestyle shower WC”, direct-dial telephone
with own ISDN outside line, modem and fax connections, cable TV/radio, safe, free W-LAN in all rooms & public rooms
- 35,000 m2 private park on the Flaz, Europe’s shortest river,
which flows into the River Inn at Samedan
- Art in the Park – art works by international and Swiss artists
in the hotel park during summer months
- Changing exhibitions of works by various Swiss and international artists in Hotel Saratz
- Sun terrace with views of the Roseg Glacier, loungers with blankets
in the Richard Strauss pavilion
- International musicians on Switzerland’s smallest stage
in the Pitschna Scena, every thursday, entry free
- Salon Rouge: chess, backgammon and other board games,
daily newspapers, magazines
- Hotel shuttle within Pontresina
Wellness and fitness
- Indoor pool (30°C), 10x20m outdoor pool in summer (27°C) in the park with views of Val Roseg, 2 Finnish saunas, 2 steam baths, fitness room with views of Val Roseg and state-of-the-art Johnson fitness apparatus
- Hamam-Sarazenen Spa with rhassoul and honey peeling (extra charge), quiet room with fruits, special Saratz tea and Pontresina spring water,
4 lifestyle showers, ice fountain
- 4 therapy and cosmetic rooms with exclusive products by Babor and OPI
- Ski pass sale at the front office
- Free ski shuttle to Corviglia mountain railway in Celerina
- 2 ski-storage rooms (Alpine and Nordic) with ski-boot warmers
- BMW James Bond Cruiser (charge for insurance only)
in summer and autumn
- Mountain bikes in summer and autumn
- Offer "Mountain railways included" - mountain railways and cableways
as well as public transport are included from the 2nd night
for the whole stay (valid until end of October)
- Tennis in the park, rackets and balls provided
- 20% green fee reductions at all Upper Engadin golf courses
- Pitching, putting green and tee-off grounds with net in the park,
clubs and balls provided
- Table tennis in the park with bats and balls provided
- Chess and Boccia in the park
- Newly designed Children’s Paradise (from 2007) as per the ideas
of Swiss Radio (DRS3) presenter Sandra Schiess, for children from age 3. Trained child carers and daily changing activities.
Supervised lunch and dinner (extra charge)
- From summer 2008: Teenie Corner for youngsters from age 9
- Cots and baby phonesas well as baby equipment such as
changing pad etc.
- Trampoline and tepee tent in the park
- Robinson playground with children’s play tower in the park
- Sand pit in the park
- We naturally also offer half board. We serve a 4-course à-la-carte menu and you have the choice of dining in our Saratz Art Nouveau Restaurant, in La Cuort or the Pitschna Scena. Price person CHF 68.–
- Massages can be booked and enjoyed daily in our wellness zone
- We levy a charge of CHF 30.– per night for well-behaved dogs,
CHF 40.- per night during the winter high season (without food).
All prices are in Swiss francs (CHF) and include services and VAT, local guest taxes are excluded. Room rates include the use of facilities during the official operating times (sauna, indoor pool, steam bath, in summer golf practice, tennis court and outdoor pool).
Expressly subject to price adjustment should VAT rates be amended.
The Saratz Bonus
You become our regular guest from the 5th stay onwards. You then receive a discount of 20% on the room rate and breakfast for a stay of at least 7 consecutive nights.
We offer a long-stay bonus of 10% on the room rate and breakfast for a stay of 10 consecutive nights or more.
If three generations stay in the Hotel Saratz at the same time for at least 7 consecutive nights, we offer a generation bonus of 10% on the room rate with breakfast.
Our bonus programme is based on the room price with breakfast. All-inclusive arrangements are excluded. The bonus programme may not be accumulated.
06th June - 20th December 2014
04th January - 31st January 2015
08th March - 12th April 2015
Subject to Art. 160 of the Swiss Code of Obligations, contractual penalties.
- Cancellations made up to 15 days before arrival date: no charge.
- Cancellations made 14 to 6 days before arrival date:
charge of one night per room
- Cancellations made from 5 days before arrival date will be treated
as "no show" and the actual number of reserved days,
max. 3 days per room, will be invoiced (100% basis: room / breakfast
and additional beds).
- Early departure and/or late arrival will be treated as "no show" and will be invoiced unless the change of reservation is notified in writing
15 days in advance.
- Cancellations and or reservation changes must be made in writing.
The place of jurisdiction is Pontresina and Swiss law is applicable.
- Please find the cancellations policies for Christmas- and
New-Years-reservations in your confirmation.
- Please find the terms and conditions for group reservations here.
We’ll be pleased to send you information on the ELVIA cancellation insurance. Please note that in order for the insurance to become effective it must be taken out within 8 days of issue of the booking confirmation.
Occupation and vacation of hotel rooms
Without any other written agreement:
- on arrival day your room will be ready for occupation from 15.00 h, possibly earlier
- on departure day your room must be vacated by 11.00 h
- rooms will be allocated as available within the confirmed category
Parking spaces in our own underground garage or in front of the hotel
are available from CHF 17.– per day (to 11.00 h on departure day).
We are pleased to accept advance reservations. We will gladly pick you up
from Pontresina railway station free of charge.
Reservations can be confirmed by e-mail or telephone with the provision of credit card details. Acceptance by e-mail is subject to the conditions listed here.
For Group-Reservations, we will charge 50% of room and tax as a Deposit for the guarantee. This Deposit has to be payed 6 weeks prior arrival.
In addition to cash, we also accept payment by EC-Direct and Postcard, Travellers Checks and VISA, AMERICAN EXPRESS, EUROCARD and DINERS credit cards.
Subject to change.