Cross-country skiing in Pontresina
Pontresina is something of a nirvana for cross-country skiers. No surprise there: 220 kilometres of trails stretch around the Upper Engadine lakes and through the side valleys, enabling guests to train on the Engadine Ski Marathon route, to test their own limits on racing trails, or to complete an additional training session on the illuminated night trail Cuntschett at the cross-country skiing centre. During the season, it is illuminated daily from 17:00-21:00. Devoted cross-country skiing lovers extend their season into fall and spring on the Alp Bond, it takes you along the RhB tracks of the famous Bernina Express. At the end of November, the next cross-country season opens with the pre-season trail (a 3.3 km long, artificially snowed loop-trail: Cuntschett), temperature permitting.
Skate-In: Cross-country skiing on your doorstep
Cross-country skiers, you're on the right track: as a guest at the Saratz, you can put on your skis at the hotel and ski straight out onto the perfectly groomed trails in the Saratz Park. Glide through the dreamy winter landscape that inspires cross-country skiers from all over the world. The extremely snow-sure Upper Engadine region offers fans of both skating and classic techniques 220 km of top-notch trails. And when you've had your fill, the trail leads you back to the Saratz, where you can unwind in our Spa & Wellness area and enjoy a supremely pampering experience – whether it's in our whirlpool with glacier views, our natural stone steam bath or the quiet lounge with views of the 35,000-square-metre hotel park. Pure relaxation. Our Skate-In Special is heaven for any cross-country skiing enthusiast.
Cross-Country Skiing Tours
Fit & Well Cross-Country Skiing days/weekend
Cross-country skiing should be possible! Anyone who has already thought that, has come to the right place! Here we go! Trained cross-country skiing instructors will accompany you through the breathtaking Engadine winter landscape and give you individual, valuable tips. Whether classic to skating, from technique to training.
Discover our special package for cross-country skiing and other attractive winter packages!
For your active recreation in winter
- Ski trip ahead? Book your sports equipment online with our partner Skiservice Corvatsch and benefit from a 10% discount on top-notch ski rental service. Choose your equipment in the shop in Pontresina and collect your rental skis at the bottom station in Celerina. Book your rental skis directly
- Free public transport ticket in summer (dog fare included) for bookings of 2 and more nights (Engadine Bus, Post Bus, RhB - from Maloja to Cinuos-chel and from Spinas to Alp Grüm)
- Sleep & Ski Offer: The Hotel Ski Pass offer (for bookings of 1 or more nights) entitles you to book a ski pass for your entire stay for just CHF 45.00 per person and day. Valid from mid-October to the beginning of May. The GT&Cs of the St Moritz mountain railways and cable cars apply
- Mountain transport "Snow Deal" – early bookers reap rewards! Ski passes for the Upper Engadine mountain transport services are subject to the dynamic "Snow Deal" pricing model. Purchase your ski pass when you book your stay and get a 30% discount. You can also benefit from attractive family passes. Buy yours now at www.snow-deal.ch
- Free ski shuttle service at pre-determined times, in the morning to the Celerina bottom station and in the afternoon from the Celerina bottom station back to the Saratz
- Short transfers to the ski slopes by public transport
- Cross-country skiing pin available for purchase
- Free rental of hiking poles and snowshoes (rackets)
- Prep room for Nordic skis
- Prep room for Alpine skis with boot warmers
- 240 km of cross-country skiing trails
- 350 km of ski slopes
- Tobogganing on Muottas Muragl and Preda Bergün (charge applies)
- Carriage ride towards Val Roseg and Val Fex (charge applies)
- Multifunctional backpack for excursions and hikes during your stay with us
- Maps and personal recommendations for winter hikes by the Saratz reception desk team